It has always amazed me how crazy people are for new information in the field of personal development. Information might be very valuable in economics, commerce, trade, medicine and technology domains, but when it comes to figuring out a happy life new information rarely helps.
The raw material of our life is time. What we accomplish in the chunks of time we have, becomes the accomplishment of our life.
Direct your daily activities toward few long term goals in the area of health, wealth and relationships. Actions do need inspiration and inaction needs nothing. I always ask my readers their daily action-plan and also the daily reminders for the action plan. The reminders could be in many forms-
- written goals,
- posters in the room,
- reading motivational books and
- listening to inspirational audio video programs.
- meeting or calling your coach
Your daily reminders determine the quality of your action. And your actions produce your results.
If you do not have a good plan in place start with a poster with following questions.
Place it in your room or on your refrigerator where you will see it daily.
- What new skill or learning did I acquire today?
- How is my today better than my yesterday?
- What did I do about my health, career and relationship goals?
- Did I increase my attitude of gratitude today?
- How did I waste my time today? What will I never do again and what will I do more tomorrow?
- Did I laugh and love more than yesterday?
These 6 daily reminders are enough to pull you out of daily rut of existence and force you to think. You will either give up your dreams or you will pick up your daily disciplines to attain them. In both the cases you will experience calmness and clarity. Dreams not lived become nightmares, thus live them or give up on them.