There is something interesting happening in AI. The influence of AI and robotics is expanding into work domains which were once considered strictly for humans.
It was once thought that robotics and AI can only takeover:
- Linear tasks- Little or no multi-tasking is involved
- Repetitive tasks- Same steps are to be followed
- Programmed tasks- Feed an algorithm in the robot and it will follow the task list
This was the reason why they were never really perceived as threat by the white collar workers. However, technological advancements over the last few years have shaken this belief to the core. There are no safe-jobs as the AI is chartering into a new domain of:
- Complex tasks- AI can now help us sit relaxed in a passenger seat of a self-driven car. Google and Uber are already conducting tests around the future of self driven cars and taxis.
- Creative tasks- A robot playing a violin or a guitar shows the invasion into the art territory. Likewise designing and games which required right brain thinking is also being done through robotics.
- Meta-programming tasks- AI can now take programming to the level of meta-programming. It simply means that efficiencies can be maximized and inefficiencies can be minimized by studying data points.
Artificial intelligence is not the product of evolution, it is an outcome of human imagination. Human imagination has no limits.
Image Source- Web, Toyota Robot